Creative Writing Contest Winners Announced
Apr 14, 2016
Michigan Arbor Day Alliance
551 Courthouse Dr., Ste. 3 Charlotte, MI 48813
Phone: 517-543-1512 x 114
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: On or after 4-14-16
Michigan Students Get Creative
CHARLOTTE, MI–Michigan Arbor Day Alliance once again held its Go Green Youth Challenge Creative Writing contest. K-12 students from around the state submitted entries ranging from essays to poetry to short pieces of fiction. Students were encouraged to use their imaginations and write to the theme “What Would Happen if Trees Were in Charge.” There were 193 students who participated in this year’s contest. Prizes were awarded for 1st, 2nd, and 3rdplace for each of the three age categories. There was also one overall Grand Prize awarded.
Congratulations to our winning students!
- Seamus from Northville, Grand Prize Winner
- Nikol from Wayland, First Place K-4thgrade
- Janelle from Eaton Rapids, Second Place K-4thgrade
- Jet from Grosse Pointe, Third Place K-4thgrade
- Britta from Troy, First Place 5th-8thgrade
- Mateusz from Howell, Second Place 5th-8thgrade
- Kahlan from Livonia, Third Place 5th-8thgrade
- Evan from Troy, First Place 9th-12thgrade
- Madison from Troy, Second Place 9th-12thgrade
- Claire from Troy, Third Place 9th-12thgrade
Winners have been notified and their entries have been posted on our website at: http://www.miarbordayalliance.org/creative-writing-contest.html.
Michigan Arbor Day Alliance would like to thank everyone who participated, including the sponsors: ITC, Michigan Department of Natural Resources, Eaton Conservation District, and Michigan State University Federal Credit Union.
The Michigan Arbor Day Alliance (MADA) is a coalition of organizations and agencies dedicated to the promotion and celebration of Arbor Day throughout Michigan. Our dedication comes from our belief in the importance of trees and their role in community health and well-being. MADA is made possible through support from the Michigan Department of Natural Resource