The Michigan Arbor Day Alliance (MADA) promotes and facilitates Arbor Day through a progressive network for the stewardship of forestry and natural resources in Michigan's communities. MADA is a coalition of organizations and agencies dedicated to the promotion and celebration of Arbor Day throughout Michigan. Our dedication comes from our belief in the importance of trees and their role in community health and well-being.
Since 1993, MADA has provided educational programs and services to communities throughout the state.
What does MADA do?
- Provides free educational Arbor Day materials to localities, schools and libraries
- Coordinates the State-Wide Arbor Day Celebration in Lansing, MI
- Coordinates the State-Wide Fifth grade Arbor Day poster contest
- Creates and maintains a yearly Arbor Day Events Directory
- Provides municipalities, libraries, parks or individuals with ideas for hosting an Arbor Day Celebration
- Contacts State Legislators, encouraging their participation in local Arbor Day events
- Provides contacts to agencies/organizations that can offer Arbor Day assistance
- Promotes Arbor Day and the importance of trees at seminars, workshops, trade shows & conferences
- Coordinates and helps facilitate tree plantings for communities, non-profits, businesses and other organizations
Michigan Arbor Day Alliance Committee Members
Hannah Reynolds State Program Coordinator firstname.lastname@example.org Kevin Sayers Michigan Department of Natural Resources email@example.com Irene McDonnell-Cahill City of Lansing Forestry, Parks & Recreation firstname.lastname@example.org Sue Spagnuolo Eaton Conservation District email@example.com Annie Kruise ISA Michigan firstname.lastname@example.org Kay Lancour Consumers Energy email@example.com Catherine Hurth Michigan State University Federal Credit Union firstname.lastname@example.org