The Michigan Arbor Day Alliance (MADA) promotes and facilitates Arbor Day through a progressive network for the stewardship of forestry and natural resources in Michigan's communities. MADA is a coalition of organizations and agencies dedicated to the promotion and celebration of Arbor Day throughout Michigan. Our dedication comes from our belief in the importance of trees and their role in community health and well-being.
Since 1993, MADA has provided educational programs and services to communities throughout the state.
What does MADA do?
- Provides free educational Arbor Day materials to localities, schools and libraries
- Coordinates the State-Wide Arbor Day Celebration in Lansing, MI
- Coordinates the State-Wide 5th grade Arbor Day poster contest
- Creates and maintains a yearly Arbor Day Events Directory
- Provides municipalities, libraries, parks or individuals with ideas for hosting an Arbor Day Celebration
- Contacts State Legislators, encouraging their participation in local Arbor Day events
- Provides contacts to agencies/organizations that can offer Arbor Day assistance
- Promotes Arbor Day and the importance of trees at seminars, workshops, trade shows & conferences
Michigan Arbor Day Alliance Committee Members
State Program Coordinator
Michigan Department of Natural Resources
City of Lansing Forestry, Parks & Recreation
Eaton Conservation District
Arboriculture Society of Michigan
Lansing Board of Water and Light
Michigan State University Federal Credit Union
ITC Holding Co.